Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Fourth Of July.... Fire Island Style





Independence Day was spent differently this year. For the past 7 years, I had to work that holiday so when I discovered I was off, I knew it would be a reason to celebrate. Unfortunately, Belmo didn't have that luxury. He had to work which sucked for me. I wanted to spend the day in a way that I've never before. That way was on the beach, in Fire Island, during the Invasion. The Fire Island Invasion welcomes drag queens and kings from far and near and embraces their freedom to be different on a day remembered for granting liberty and justice for all people. My friend Ian was about as gung-ho as I was for this trip to New York so we embark early Friday morning in the overcast and rainy weather with a glimmer of hope that the sun would shine over our destination.





Here's a taste of Fire Island Invasion 2008.






























3 comments:

Curious

Damn, that back with the tattoo looks like it belongs to a Jersey cow.

Chet

Looks like good times and good friends enjoying Fire Island.

chacoyrami

Indeed it was a good time, Chet.

  © Blogger template 'Portrait' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP